[ Assignment Editor ] • NBC WASHINGTON • September 2017 – Present
● Monitor scanners, social media, phone tips for breaking news and story development.
● Coordinate logistics for field reporters and photographers.
● Assign/manage assignments to weekend reporters and crews.
[ Contributing Writer ] • THE LAST MAGAZINE • June 2014 – Present
Pitch and write articles on fashion and culture.
[ Production Assistant ] • NBC WASHINGTON • March 2016 – September 2017
● Coordinated scripts, live remotes, and incoming & outgoing video for daily news programs.
● Field produced with DC Bureau. Stories included covering the Supreme Court ruling on Texas abortion laws in June 2016 andinterviewing Neil Eggleston, the Chief Counsel for former President Barack Obama, at the White House when a record numberof commutations were granted.
● Produced graphics for on-air traffic segments for NBC News4 Today using the WSI Weather & Traffic graphics system.
● Coordinated traffic shots & breaking news coverage by managing the NBC4 Chopper for local affiliates.
● Managed NBC4 chopper helicopter for traffic hits and breaking news.
[ Broadcast News Assistant ] • PBS NEWSHOUR • September 2015 – March 2016
Pre-interviewed and booked guests for National and Foreign Affairs beats, provided research for producers & anchors, transcribedvideo & audio interviews, obtained archived and day-of footage using Reuters, APTN and ABC NewsOneNet, and pitched/wrote online stories.
[ Writer ] • FRONTLINE CLUB LONDON • January 2015 – June 2015
Wrote blog posts reviewing Frontline Club events featuring prominent figures in journalism and media.
[ Foreign Desk Intern ] • THE TIMES OF LONDON • June 2015
Helped the Foreign desk research information for graphics and news stories.
[ 2015 General Election Stringer] • SKY NEWS • May 2015
Reported and live-streamed the Torbay count using Live-U for the Sky News 2015 General Election multimedia coverage.
[ Editorial Intern ] • TANK MAGAZINE / BECAUSE LONDON • Dec 2014 – Jan 2015
Transcribed interviews, wrote copy and fashion business stories for the In Brief posts.
[ Assistant Brand Coordinator ] • SHIMA SEIKI (DESIGN CENTER OF NY) • August 2012 – Sept 2014
Wrote copy for documentation, website content, social media, blog and press.
[ Social Media Assistant & Contributor ] • THE GENTEEL • Jan 2013 – March 2014
Controlled social media outlets and contributed articles on culture and design every month. Articles have achieved ‘Most Popular’status.
Languages: English (Native), French (Limited Working Proficiency)
Other: Hostile Environment & First Aid Certification for Journalists from Blue Dot Safety Training Ltd.
Bachelor of Science in Biology, The College of New Jersey, 2012
Awards: NJ Edward J. Bloustein Distinguished Scholar Award
Master of Arts in International Journalism, City University London, 2015; 2:1 Merit