NBC WASHINGTON (NBC 4 / WRC)
[Assignment Editor ] • September 2016 – Present
• Monitor scanners, social media, phone tips for breaking news.
• Coordinate logistics for field reporters and photographers.
• Assign/manage assignments to weekend reporters and crews.
• Conduct interviews via phone or Skype for VOSOTs when needed.
[ Traffic Producer ] • June 2016 – Present
• Produce on-air traffic segments for NBC News4 Today for the greater Washington, DC area.
• Knowledge of WSI Weather & Traffic graphics system. Can build traffic graphics/hits under time constraints.
• Coordinate traffic shots & breaking news coverage by managing the NBC4 Chopper for local affiliates.
• Control News4 Traffic social media.
[ Production Assistant ] • March 2016 – Present
• Help run daily news programs by coordinating scripts and live remotes with anchors and field reporters.
• Coordinate incoming & outgoing video to local NBC affiliates.
• Field produce with DC Bureau. Here are a few stories I helped produce:
– Covered the Supreme Court ruling on Texas abortion laws in June 2016.
– Interviewed the then Chief White House Counsel for Barack Obama, Neil Eggleston, when Obama granted a record number of commutations in August 2016.
• Edit basic audio and video when needed.
PBS NEWSHOUR [ Broadcast News Assistant ] • September 2015 – March 2016
Pre-interviewed and booked guests for National and Foreign Affairs beats, provided research for producers & anchors, transcribed video & audio interviews, obtained archived and day-of footage using Reuters, APTN and ABC NewsOneNet, and pitched/wrote online stories.
THE LAST MAGAZINE [ Contributing Writer ] • June 2014 – Present
Pitched and wrote articles on fashion and culture.
THE TIMES OF LONDON [ Foreign Desk Intern ] • June 2015
Provided graphics and research for the foreign desk.
SKY NEWS [ 2015 General Election Stringer] • May 2015
Reported and live-streamed the Torbay count for the Sky News 2015 General Election multimedia coverage.
FRONTLINE CLUB LONDON [ Writer ] • Jan 2015 – June 2015
Wrote posts for the Frontline Club’s website.
TANK MAGAZINE / BECAUSE LONDON [ Editorial Intern ] • Dec 2014 – Jan 2015
Transcribed interviews, wrote copy and fashion business stories for the In Brief posts.
SHIMA SEIKI USA (DESIGN CENTER OF NY) [ Asst. Brand Coordinator ] • Aug 2012 – Sept 2014
Provided copy for documentation, website content, social media, blog and press.
THE GENTEEL [ Social Media Assistant & Contributor ] • Jan 2013 – March 2014
Controlled social media outlets and contributed articles on culture and design every month. Articles have achieved ‘Most Popular’ status.
|JOURNALISTIC SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS|
Languages: English (Mother tongue), French (Limited Working Proficiency)
Other: Hostile Environment & First Aid Certification for Journalists from Blue Dot Safety Training Ltd, (modules included: Navigation, Cyber Security, Risk Assessment, Hostage Mitigation & Survival, First Aid, Conflict Resolution, Natural Disasters, and Personal Safety & Security).
|OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS|
Extensive knowledge of the fashion industry (in terms of design, production & manufacturing and public relations) through my work as an Assistant Brand Coordinator for the label KOTOBA & Shima Seiki USA. Particularly interested in sustainable/ethical design and wearable technology.
Extensive knowledge of the Sciences (particularly Biology and Public Health) and science writing. My undergraduate degree is in Biology and I have worked in Public Health as a Student Research Assistant at the Public Health Research Institute in Newark, New Jersey. Professors and colleagues have noted that I am very good at disseminating dense scientific information and making it easier to understand, both written and visually.
Bachelor of Science in Biology, The College of New Jersey, 2012
Awards: NJ Edward J. Bloustein Distinguished Scholar Award
Master of Arts in International Journalism, City University London, 2015 (2:1 Merit)
Music: Played classical piano for 10 years, guitar for 3 years, and voice trained (mostly Broadway) for 2 years.
Sports: Running (5K, 10K and half marathons), Indoor/Outdoor Rock Climbing (belay certified)